18th October is UK Anti-Slavery Day. It’s an opportunity to raise awareness of human trafficking and modern slavery, and encourage government, local authorities, companies, charities and individuals to do what they can to address the problem.
For 2020, our friends at Medaille Trust have gone one better, and created a whole week of online events to celebrate the work of those helping to combat modern slavery, and help you to get involved.
Plus there’s a week-long online art exhibition featuring the work of Medaille Trust clients (who are survivors of modern slavery) in collaboration with photographer Fiona Yaron Field.
Find out more, including how to book, by following the links below:
- ‘Unmasked‘ art exhibition: Sunday 18th – Saturday 24th October, all day
- Story of Medaille Trust webinar: Monday 19th October 2-3pm
- Spot the Signs of Modern Slavery webinar: Tuesday 20th October 2-3pm
- Medaille Virual Open Day: Wednesday 21st October 2-3pm
- Ask the Experts panel discussion: Thursday 22nd October 7-8pm
- How You can Combat Modern Slavery webinar: Friday 23rd October 2-3pm
Please note that the link to the art exhibition will only work from 18th October. If you can’t wait, you can check out Medaille’s other photographic exhibition ‘Belongings‘ which is online now until 15th November.
Image: Medaille Trust