As Quakers we are called to act for Peace and Justice. Peace Hub seeks to provide a centre from which an inclusive community is inspired to take up this call.
We aim for Peace Hub to become a Quaker service to the public that Birmingham and the Midlands are proud to have. We hope that Peace Hub will become a place to which people naturally come when wanting to act for peace and justice, and provide a base for networks of peace-makers.
Aim & Objectives
A centre from which a diverse community in Central England is inspired to act for peace and justice.
We seek to meet this aim using a rolling programme of peace and justice themes, through which we:
- Inform the public on a wide range of peace and justice issues
- Stimulate dialogue with the local community about peace and justice
- Offer hope though positive examples of peace-making and justice-building
- Encourage people to act for peace by
- Advocating for local, national and international structures that support peace and justice – as Quakers say: ‘speaking truth to power’
- Showing solidarity with peace-makers and justice-builders
We further support our aim through ongoing activities, by:
- Supporting community & interfaith cohesion
- Encouraging people to make peace in their own lives
- Upholding activists and groups working for peace and justice
- Explaining why Quakers as a community are called to act for peace and justice.
This vision statement is a working document that will develop with Peace Hub, in light of experience and guidance.