Education helps us to gain skills and knowledge that allow us to work and support ourselves. But it’s about much more than that.
Education helps us to understand the world the world we live in, and empathise with other people, as well as solve problems.
Most importantly, education gives us the confidence to change things for the better.
Across the world, people like Malala Yousafzai are working for equal access to education for everyone. Here in the UK, the Our Shared World network is calling for sustainable education by 2030. People are using the Human Rights Act to ensure fair access to school for everyone. Others are challenging militarism in schools.
Even closer to home, our sister organisation Peacemakers are educating for peace – including via our join project Junior Peacemakers.
Join in throughout January, February & March 2022 to:
- Read personal stories & find out more;
- Have your say;
- Explore resources for adults & children to learn about peace;
- Stand up for sustainable education for all.
Latest Posts on Sustainable Education:
- New Climate Board Game designed by Young BrummiesOur current theme Live, Love, Learn is all about sustainable education – but how can we make complex issues around the climate accessible and understandable? Young people in Birmingham have been making their own contribution, working with researchers to develop a game that helps players learn about the role of the built environment in the […]
- How can schools build peace?Our current theme Live, Love, Learn is all about peaceful & sustainable education. Questions of peace are at the forefront of our minds right now, but what does ‘peaceful education’ mean in practice? Our sister organisation Peacemakers works in schools to help children and staff develop the skills to understand and resolve conflict. For primary-age […]
- Equal Education for GirlsThis International Women’s Day we look at how our current theme Live, Love, Learn connects to struggles for equal education for girls and women. Across the world, more than 130 million girls are out of school today. There are many reasons girls do not continue their education, and we might stereotypically think of traditions that […]
- How Can We Provide Peaceful & Sustainable Education?As we reopen for 2022, our first theme at Peace Hub is Live, Love, Learn – all about sustainable education. Education helps us to gain skills and knowledge that allow us to work and support ourselves. But it’s about much more than that. Education helps us to understand the world the world we live in, […]
- It’s our Birthday!Many of us are feeling a bit down about the state of the world right now, but we have something small to celebrate: Peace Hub is 2 years old today: thanks to everyone who’s supported us to get this far! Our second year has been a busy one, spreading the word about peace & justice […]