Our theme at Peace Hub for July & August 2018 is: A Place to Call Home – let’s make sure everyone has somewhere fit to live.
Homelessness affects around 400,000 people in the UK.
Many of us are worried about the increasing number of people sleeping rough, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. Most homelessness is hidden, with people living in hostels or temporary accommodation, sofa-surfing or stuck in conditions unfit to live in.
- By supporting the good work of local homelessness services, we can help make sure people have a roof over their head at night and start to get support.
- By giving residents better rights, we can help to make sure people are safe from unliveable conditions and sudden eviction.
- By changing the way we plan and build housing we can start to tackle the underlying problems and make sure everyone has somewhere fit to live.
Pop into Peace Hub throughout July & August to:
- Read personal stories
- Get tips on how to help if you see someone who’s homeless
- Take action for homes fit to live in