Starting Tuesday 1st May, our new theme will be ‘Speak, Listen, Change: let’s support each other’s mental wellbeing’. Here’s a sneak preview:
1 in 4 people experience a mental health problem each year, and our attitude can affect their life.
- By speaking openly about mental health we can challenge stigma;
- By listening deeply to other’s experiences we can create a supportive environment;
- By changing our attitudes we can look after our own and each other’s mental wellbeing.
Sometimes it’s as simple as asking a friend ‘how are you?’ and really listening to the answer.
Pop into Peace Hub throughout May & June 2018 to
- Read personal stories
- Get tips for holding positive conversations about mental health
- Sign an action card for fair support
And for the rest of this week, it’s your last chance to join in with our Peaceful Brum theme: pop in to share small acts of kindness.