Many of us are feeling a bit down about the state of the world right now, but we have something small to celebrate:
Peace Hub is 2 years old today: thanks to everyone who’s supported us to get this far!
Our second year has been a busy one, spreading the word about peace & justice and meeting lots of fantastic members of the public who are keen to find out more and get involved.
In the last 12 months we’ve:
- Joined together with faith groups to call for a Low Carbon Future: we saw the Paris Climate Conference set ambitious targets for politicians, and are continuing to work with Footsteps on this importnat topic;
- Called for Nuclear Weapons to be consigned to the dustbin of history: although Parliament disappointingly voted to renew Trident, the rest of the world has set in motion plans for an international ban;
- Supported Equal Education for everyone, highlighting the great work done by groups from the Afghan Peace Volunteers, to the Malala Foundation;
- Showed solidarity with those who’ve Taken a Stand for what they believe in: from the Conscientious Objectors of WWI to Human Rights defenders today;
- Celebrated Peaceful Brum: the hidden places where we can find peace, and the wonderful people who are working to make peace in our city;
- and of course we’ve Thought Global and Acted Local, in order to Get Equal: joining up global efforts for equality, with local efforts to share the benefits amongst everyone, like the Birmingham Pound.
Next up we’ll be supporting everyone to use their Power for Good to tackle bullying and create a culture of peace – so come along and get involved. And watch this space for a sneak preview of 2017 at the Hub!