Our current theme is about consigning Trident nuclear weapons to the rubbish bin, and instead focussing on peace building, cooperation and justice.
So, if you agree that over £100 billion could be better spent on health, housing and renewables across the next 40 years, instead of on nuclear weapons, what can you do about it?
The government will be making the key decision on whether to renew Trident early this year, so now is the time to show that ordinary people want to see it scrapped. And there are plenty of ways you can do that!
Pop into Peace Hub any weekday between 11:00 and 14:30 to:
- Take and share a #ScrapTrident selfie (see our coordinator Pete posing with our Bin Trident display below!)
- Sign the petition from the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (you can also sign this online)
- Write your MP (using this handy template from Quaker Peace and Social Witness)
- Buy a Scrap Trident T-shirt designed by Young Quakers
- Get a free ‘Bin Trident’ sticker for your wheelie bin
And, if you want to make your voice heard in person, then join the national Stop Trident: Decision Time march on Saturday 27th February in London. West Midlands CND are organising a coach, with pick-up points in Birmingham, Moseley, Kings Heath, Warwik & Leamington: read more and book.
Let’s get together to take action for a future of positive peace-building, free from weapons of mass-destruction!
And if you have any questions, or just want to find out more on what this Trident business is all about, pop in or get in touch.