A sneak preview of out peace & justice theme for Jan & Feb 2016:
Time to Bin Trident
Let’s spend £100 billion on health, housing & renewables: not nuclear weapons.
In early 2016, parliament will vote on whether to renew the Trident system of nuclear weapons.
Costing over £100 billion across 40 years, it will be the biggest spending decision this parliament makes.
Instead, that money could pay for any of these things:
- Fully fund all A&E services for the next 40 years.
- Build 1.5 million affordable homes.
- Enough wind-turbines to power all UK households.
- Scrap tuition fees for 4 million students.
It’s time to consign Trident to the rubbish bin, and instead focus on peace-building, cooperation and justice.
In Jan & Feb 2016, you can pop into Peace Hub to:
- Sign the petition
- Write to your MP
- Take a #ScrapTrident selfie
Watch this space for more info!