19/11/2017, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
at Birmingham Progressive Synagogue, Birmingham
Tread Lightly on this Earth: faiths working together for a low carbon future
As part of national interfaith week, join Footsteps’ annual event to meet other people faithfully caring for the environment, and share ideas about how we can work together for a low carbon future.
Doors will be open from 1pm for you to come and have a cup of tea, chat to others at the event and view exhibits about faith and other responses to climate change. There is also an optional tour of the synagogue at 1pm, if you would like to join please select the option when registering.
Main speakers & discussion session starts at 2pm.
This is a free event: all welcome! Please register below to help us plan for numbers:
Programme for Tread Lightly 2017
Please note that this programme is subject to confirmation.
1:00pm Exibits & displays, tea & conversation, optional tour of Progressive Synagogue
2:00 – 5:00pm Speakers & Discussions
Faiths inspiring action
- Judaism and the Environment – Rabbi Margaret Jacobi
- The Zero Carbon House – architect John Christopher
- Imam and faith community leader workshops – BAHU Trust
Working with Young People
- Small Footsteps Summer School at Fircroft College – video and presentation
- Birmingham and Black Country Wildlife Trust’s award scheme
Future Footsteps activities
- Peace Hub & Footsteps
- What Footsteps offers you
- Footsteps Supporters Group
Plus Table Discussion and Networking Opportunities
And an exciting opportunity to become a ‘Footsteps Supporter’
5.00 – 5.30 Exhibits, Displays and Networking.
Birmingham Progressive Synagogue
1 Roseland Way Birmingham B15 1HD