22nd Sep 2016, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmat Impact Hub, Digbeth, Birmingham
This is a free event but booking is essential.
A group of people from across the West Midlands have developed 5 (draft) Principles for a Progressive Future – and would love to hear what you think!
The (draft) Principles are:
- Enabling Potential
- Equal Society
- Participatory Democracy
- Common Ownership of Resources
- Environmental Sustainability
Read more about how we developed these principles.
But what do you think of these principles? Can you improve them? How they can be developed into a finished ‘product’ providing the basis for a Progressive alternative to austerity and neoliberalism?
These are the questions that will be addressed on 22 September.
So come along, have your say and get involved in Building a Progressive Future!
Building a Progressive Future means doing politics differently and the Workshop will have the following ethos:
We come together on the basis of shared values and concerns (leaving organisational, political and other labels outside):
- emphasising what we agree on (not points of disagreement);
- seeing co-operation and compromise as strengths (not weaknesses);
- being positive and focused (not just criticising, looking at negatives, discussing problems and being a talking shop!);
- accepting a good enough outcome (not insisting on individual ideological perfection);
- being curious about different views, listening and ensuring everyone has their say; and
- at all times acting with care, compassion and respect for all.
For an idea of what the Workshop will be like, see this five minute video of a previous event below
Walker Building, 58 Oxford Street Digbeth, Birmingham B5 5NY